Homemade Organic Dog Treats
Here is a great recipe for homemade dog biscuits. Some cannot afford to pay for organic snacks for their four legged friends. This recipe yields about 36 medium sized cookies. You could also change this recipe up and add your pooch’s favorite ingredients.
Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits
1 cup Peanut Butter
1 cup Milk
1 tsp Fish Oil, optional but it promotes healthy skin and fur
2 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
1 TBS Baking Powder
Bone Shaped Cookie Cutters
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. In a large bowl add the peanut butter. Slowly add the milk while whisking simultaneously. Whisk until combined and smooth. Add fish oil if using.
2. In a separate bowl combine the whole wheat flour and baking powder. Pour the peanut butter mixture on top and use a large spoon to combine.
3. Divide dough into 2 portions. Flour a work surface and rolling pin, and roll to a 1/4 inch thickness. Use a cookie cutter to cut into shapes (or cut into small squares).
4. Cover two baking sheets with parchment and place the cookies on top. Cookies can be close as they should not spread. Use the tip of a straw to poke holes in the ends of the bones if you want.
5. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until hard and crisp. Let cool before giving to your pet.