While we offer all of our program graduates maintenance (follow-up) training for the life of the service dog, we are finding that there are many service dog teams who need additional help. Semper K9 Assistance Dogs offers training for service members who currently have a service dog that requires new training skills as their handler’s needs change. We also offer training of original skill-set and work one on one with the service dog team.
To be eligible for Service Dog Maintenance Training, an individual must:
- Be a U.S. Service Member or eligible dependant
- Have a physical or mental disability, debilitating chronic illness or neurological disorder
- Be physically and cognitively capable of participating in the training process at minimum one lesson a month
- Be able to independently command and handle their service dog
- Live in Northern Virginia or be willing to travel to Camp Semper K9
- Complete service dog application and scholarship application (unless training is being paid for by the handler)
While Semper K9 has established eligibility criterion for maintenance training, we do not discriminate against any applicant based on race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, age, nationality, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, citizenship status, military service status or any other consideration as indicated by federal, state or local laws.